Phoenix Dan Cong Tong Tian Xiang Ginger Flower Aroma 通天香
What is Phoenix Dan Cong Oolong Tea?
Cultivar: Tong Tian Xiang/Ginger Flower Aroma
Harvest: Spring 2022
Region: Phoenix Mountain, Canton, China
Cup: 2 tbsps/6gram for 20 Gong Fu tea cups
Open with a delicate and full bodied floral aroma, with a hint of spice, ginger and nuttiness, slightly roasted and ends with smooth sweet mouthfeel
Ice Tea Instruction
Every 1 gram of tea for 50ml of water, and allow steeping 1 to 2 hours in a teapot/tumbler in the refrigerator.
Hot brew Instruction: we recommend Gaiwan for best infusions
Commonly known as "Aroma Heaven" or in Chinese, Tong Tian Xiang 通天香, is a name derived from local folklore. By category, it belongs to ginger flower aroma group. Cultivated at an elevation of 900 to 1000 meters (which is high mountain for Phoenix Mountain), this tea is from the ancestral village of making Phoenix Dan Cong, Wu Dong Village. It’s one of the most venerable Dan Cong tea tree types and one of the oldest aromatic categories. The 2022's spring harvest is particularly excellent!
Cultivated in mineral rich soil, this tea thrives in the coastal environment in Canton province on Phoenix Mountain. Both wild and farmed, these tea trees can reach the ripe old age of 200 years. This special type of Oolong is recognized for its highly distinctive natural aroma that mimics certain flower or fruit aroma. Believed to be the ancestor of all Oolong teas, it’s well-known for its ten aromatic categories and its rich and complex flavor.
Local tea scholars and connoisseurs from China study and organize the hand-picked tea into hundreds of aromatic subgroups. Its aroma is never artificially added or perfumed but exclusively cultivated, and each aroma comes from the tea plant’s natural aromatic compound.
|Gai Wan or ceramic pot|
Add 6gram/1 tbsp
95 C / 205 F
- Add 8oz water and infuse for 3 min.
- Repeat for another 4+ infusions and increase the steeping time by 30 seconds with each additional infusion
Gai Wan (Recommended for best infusions):
- Rinse leaves and discard the first infusion
- Add water and infuse for 10 seconds for 3 infusions
- Repeat for another 10+ infusions and increase the steeping time by 10 seconds with each additional infusion
Top Health Benefits
- Regular consumption reduces new fat cell growth and promotes weight loss.
- Rich in bioflavonoids, it fights allergies, inflammation, heart diseases, and slows down the aging process.
- National Cancer Institute claims its excellence in prevention of diabetes and certain cancers for it’s rich in antioxidants.