Lyokan Orange Pu Erh
Regular price $8.90
Cultivar: Yun Nan Da Ye Zhong
Harvest: Spring 2014
Origin: Yun Nan, China
Cup: 1 tbsp for 25 cups
Pu Er’s earthy mellow taste exhibits more for the first five infusions accompanied by orange like aroma and mild sweetness at the end. Afterwards, the sweetness of lyokan peel exhibits more as more infusions are made.
Three ways of brewing this tea:
2014 Pu Er loose leaf tea is wrapped inside two-year-old aged dry lyokan peel and is produced by local artisans in Canton with a particular type of all natural lyokan that can only be found in Canton province. While the shape of a lyokan fruit is perfectly preserved with Pu Er loose tea inside, its nutritional value and sweet citrusy aroma brings an even more unique and artisan crafted tea experience. Lyokan in Canton is traditionally valued not just for its sweet fruit, but also its sun-dried peels which are widely used in cookery and well known for their medicinal value of improving digestive function.
Pu Er is also known for helping with digestive function making this is a perfect combination both for its health benefit and rich organic taste.
Brewing Instruction Gaiwan & Teapot
|Gai wan or ceramic pot|
Add 5gram/1 tbsp
95 C / 205 F
Crush the lyokan peel and blend it with loose leaf tea inside
- Add 8oz water and infuse for 3 min.
- Repeat for another 5+ infusions and increase the steeping time by 30 seconds with each additional infusion
- Rinse leaves and discard the first infusion
- Add water and infuse for 10 seconds
- Repeat for another 12+ infusions and increase the steeping time by 10 seconds with each additional infusion
Top Health Benefits
- Enhances digestion and soothes stomach ailments
- Cleanses the body of toxins and free radicals
- Aids in weight loss
For education purpose only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.